keskiviikko 17. maaliskuuta 2010

Oldies, but goldies... :) Games Games Games

Me and my friends like to play occasionally this old Finnish quiz game while drinking. :) It's quite funny because it's made in 1987. So the game is quite hard because it's so old and for example it could ask you a question which's answer could be something like Soviet Union (Neuvostoliitto) or something like that. :) So besides that you have to know questions you must also think that the game was made in 1987 and respond accordingly. World was a lot different back then.


Anyways the loading times are really annoying and I've asked long time ago from TNT/Beyond Force if he could make it a one-filer (or replace the loader with faster), but haven't heard from him for a while. So I decided to write about this to my blog. Maybe it would be more effective. :) I think that making this game one-filer could very well be possible (because text compresses very well). Also highscore saver would be great.

I have found two versions of this game from the net:
One from "NT Rautanen Tietokonesivut" :: http://www.ntrautanen.fi/computers/commodore/archive/c64_pelit3.htm
It can be downloaded also from: http://ihku.org/~draft/blogger/Nero_2000/nero_2000.zip

and another one from Gamebase64 ::
http://www.gamebase64.com/game.php?id=19145&d=18&h=0
It can be downloaded also from: http://ihku.org/~draft/blogger/Nero_2000/NERO2000_19145_01.zip

I don't know what the differences between 'em are. I've played the one from NT Rautanen Tietokonesivut. I gotta check them out when I have time.

If I remember correctly TNT mentioned me that he has original cassette version of the game. I also think that Ferrara/Dual Crew Shining^PhObos team (Tony Cáven) has a floppy version of the game, because he won a bid of it in Finnish auction site called http://huuto.net/. Tony's website can be found @ http://ferrara.c64.org/, but hi's e-mail doesn't seem to work.

I think it'd be essential to also compare cassette and floppy versions to see if there are differences (eg. floppy version might have more questions than the cassette version or something like that). So we'd need the disk version from Tony if he's willing to borrow it.

I don't know if cassette and floppy version have any differences, but I'd really like to know and get a jewel version of this game. One-filed and high-score saver and I'd be in heaven. :) This is very nice party game for people are able to understand Finnish. Since I started blogging maybe some other people pop up that are interested in getting a "jewel" version of this funny game. So TNT are you up to the task or are you still busy with Paradroid Redux?


I have also tried to find "Bio-Syntax Method Oy:n englannin kieliohjelma no:6, Bio-Slang", but I haven't found any references of it from the Internet.

Here is a review of Nero 2000 MikroBitti magazine made in 1987.
--- HOW THE HECK DO I MAKE HORIZONTAL RULER??? ---

Another game that I've been waiting for Nostalgia or Remember to release is Track & Field http://gamebase64.com/game.php?id=8072&d=18&h=0

I'd love to get a version with highscore saver. I remember Jack Alien/Remember mentioning Hok/Remember has original cassette version, but if I remember correctly there were some problems with it. So if anyone has working cassette or diskette version it'd be really nice if you could arrange it to Nostalgia or Remember dudes.



Another thing I've wondered is that are the lines from K and D letters some kind of bug (of eg. freezing or something) or should it look like that... Can anyone with original confirm this?

2 kommenttia:

  1. looks like a bug on TRACKnFIELD because the shading could not be done so amatörish (LOL) .. or maybe not, im not the pro like you are.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Emmä mikään proo oo... Kuha vaan naputtelen tänne blogiin mitä mieleen juolahtaa ja varmaan levitän sen lisäks disinformaatiota. :D

    VastaaPoista